Also, thanks to everyone who left a supportive comment on my last post! I was still in a really crummy mood after I woke up this morning. But after I read my comments, I realized that there is no reason for me to want ED back in my life. And I did something constructive with that in the form of a list. Why ED sucks rocks and I never want him back:
- COLD. Enough said.
- Dannon carb & sugar control yogurt. 60 calories and 3 carbs of pure crap.
- Constant calorie counting. I couldn't have a stick of gum if it didn't fit into my cal budget.
- Hiding food in napkins/under table/other creative places that I won't say.
- Skipping out on parties involving food because I felt "sick" and needed a nap.
- Lying. All the time, to everyone.
- Making myself burn at least 300 calories a day through ballet, DDR, walking and yoga.
- Wanting to pass out from exhaustion after taking a shower.
- Cutting bread, pasta, rice and all of my other favorite carbs.
- Being asked "Are you okay?" at least once a day.
- Making the audience at my ballet recital cringe at how skeletal I looked.
- Not having enough energy to play my cello or dance with emotion.
- Not being able to laugh, or even smile.
Breakfast! I had an apple, then cottage cheese with cran apple butter and honey sunshine cereal.
Then an extra special bowl of love! Aka oatmeal topped with vanilla yogurt, dark choco chips, and raspberries.
Lunch time rolled around and I wanted a sammich, as usual. My dad made this really good eggplant dip yesterday, so I slapped than on bread with pesto and spinach and grilled it. Yummay. The dip tastes like eggplant parm but the magic is that it has no cheese! I can ask my dad for the recipe, if anyone wants it. I also had plain yogurt, carrots, and a Kashi bar.
Then I went to see Coraline with my Valentines (mommy and sister). I love Tim Burton so I was so excited for this! I liked it a lot, but it's very creepy for a kids movie. We saw it in 3-D so it was even cooler. When we got home I had a bowl of Kashi hot cereal that I'm trying to use up with pumpkin. With a string cheese.
Oh yeah plus I went to Whole Foods and got some yummies. For dinner the rest of mi familia was having sausage lasagna. So I made a Nature's Path micro white cheddar mac and cheese. I mixed in lots of steam spinach and carrots. On the side, I made baked potato... cubes. Meaning a chopped up a small red potato, tossed it with EVOO, thyme, oregano, and garlic powder and baked it for a while. I loved this meal!
For dessert (!!!!!!) me and my mom made Naturally Nora alot'a dots cake, which is the equivalent of a healthier, organic funfetti cake. I don't like eating dessert (or ED doesn't) but I felt better knowing that this mix featured no bleached flour! We made them into cupcakes and topped them with pink buttercream frosting. It was a challenge to eat this a bit. I've pretty much convinced myself that it's okay for me to eat dessert on special occasions, but I still feel a tinge of guilt right now. It blows my mind that normal eaters eat different amounts of food every day!
Nighty night, loves!