Thursday, January 29, 2009

PB Loco!

Evening, all. First of all, thanks for all the advice you ladies gave me about telling my parents about my blog. My mom left for Florida this morning to visit her parents, and it would be a lot easier to me to talk to her rather than my dad. So I'll just wait until she's back on Monday, then I'll tell her!

School was delayed for two hours this morning, but the school day still seemed soooooooo long! It was the first day of a new semester so we got new schedules and classes. It's going to be a miserable five months, because I don't have friends in any of my classes except for one, pretty much. In all my other classes, the kids are... I don't want to say ghetto, but yeah, pretty ghetto! You'd think that because I'm such a gangsta we'd get along pretty well but that's not what happened :[ And I can't change my schedule around, because what would my excuse be? "I have no friends in my classes and I'm lonely"? Arrrg I guess I'll suffer through it.

I said I wasn't going to have as many food pics as I have recently and that's true today. I'll just show you the food highlights of my day! Part of breakfast involved my obsession, chocolate banana PB Loco. The rest of the blogging world can have their Mighty Maple because this stuff rocks my world. I put some on toast this morning. The other slice had cran apple butter but I didn't eat them together because that would taste strange. Sorry the pic is blurry, my arm wouldn't stop shaking!


Then lunch was boring, as were snacks. Dinnah was delectable though. I made Moroccan Chickpeas and Sweet Potatoes. This was one of the best recipes I've ever made! Such a wonderful blend of flavors and textures! Omnomnomnom.
With a piece of French bread

Yesterday I made Apple Pie Pudding from CCV. I wanted to use up some holly nog so I used half that, and half regular soymilk and it came out really well. The "nog" flavor mostly disappeared, but it left the pudding sweet enough that I didn't have to add any more sugar. Another successful CCV recipe!

In other news, the enchilada incident is back. I thought it was gone for a while because we bought the wrong ingredients and my mom was going to be in Florida. But no, my dad went to the store today and got all the right ingredients so he can make it sometime this week. My mom told him that I wouldn't "like" it (because I told her I was nervous about eating it) but he is going to make it anyway. I was really excited about the recipes I had planned for the rest of the week and he's just going to bump one of them so we can have the enchiladas that I don't even want to eat! Flour tortillas, heavy cream, tons of cheese.. it's giving me a headache just to think of the recipe. The worst part is that my mom won't even be home to support me or bail me out if I just can't eat it. Sorry for whining about this again but I just need to vent about how naive my dad it when it comes to my ED. I. Can't. Do. This.

Tomorrow is Friday! Hope it's a good one for all of you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about the dinner, I wish I had some advice but I always make my own meals...maybe make a compromise?

Did you use agar powder or flakes for that recipe? I've made that pudding before but it's never looked so creamy and luscious!

Jess said...

Sorry about the classes! That stinks. I hope it all works out! Yummy eats today, as usual! I am very happy you are going to tell your mom about your blog :) Have a great night!
<3 jess :)
xxx

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

*Snatches up all of Kiki's unwanted Mighty Maple*

Although I'd love to try the pb loco. Must look for it!

Have a happy Thursday night, Kiki!

The Purple Carrot said...

Apple pie pudding? Sounds good!

Anonymous said...

You're so strong!
And love your tasty eats! I really need to jump on the PB Loco wagon!

cherry_melancholic said...

Sorry to hear about your classes, mine are like that too =/ We're just too gangsta for all the ghetto kids :P

Good luck with the echildnas (cannot spell btw!) and telling your mum bout the blog!
Love you hon xxxx

aussirish said...

hi hun
sorry ur dads going ahead with the din dins, could you kake a compramise? like you make a diferent version or a differnt din all togehter?
that din dins looks so good :) chickpeas and potatoes are so good!
sorry about the classes hn, maybe youll make some new friends though?
have a great night
much love
xxxx

Breaking Free said...

Hey Kiki. I'm really sorry that the enchilada incident is going to come up again. I know that this is going to be really hard. But I think that you are being challenged at this point to just take one more step out of your comfort zone. Even if you aren't able to eat the entire thing, try to take one small victory away from ED by just eating one bite. That way your ED will not be able to have a hold on you and you can slowly learn to conquer your fears about this food a little bit at a time. I know that right now everything seems impossible to you and that you are very consumed with fear but you can do this. Don't let ED tell you that you aren't strong enough and that you can't handle it and that you are a failure because you ARE NOT! You can do this Kiki. We are all right here for you!
~Raina

brooke said...

oh my gosh i love pb loco coco banana! the sad thing is the pb loco cafe closed about a year ago in mn so i now i can only find it at target - but they stock the chocolate chip and white raspberry. boo!

im sorry about the enchilada situation - i know how difficult this (trust me!) but when ive challenged myself to a dinner in the past im always very apprehensive about it for like a week. my parents knew how scary it is for me to try new foods but the feelings of accomplishment afterward are always worth it. regardless if you like it - just knowing that you have the power to do something challenging is incredible! maybe you can try eating 1/2 of one along with a side taco salad? or maybe discuss this with your mom so she can inform your dad on your fear?

best of luck sweetie! ill be thinking of you :)

p.s you CAN do this - you can do anything!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Thanks for the comment on my blog (and for coming out of hiding, I LOVE hearing from people who are reading)!!

That PB Loco sounds amazing! I'm on jeal girl! I may have to make that Moroccan dish tomorrow - I have chickpeas just waiting to be used :)

Good luck with the dinner! It may seem like a huge mountain to climb but before you know it it will seem like a little bump in the road - you can do it, we're here to support you :)

The Purple Carrot said...

Yeah, you basically soak them for so long and then dump the water out and rinse them every so often for a couple days and then you have your sprouts! They're have a greater nutritious value when sprouted and it makes them crunchy, also. A different taste, but oh-so-good ; )

Have a great weekend, girl! : )