I didn't manage to take many pictures of my food today. I think that most of the time I probably won't have pictures of every meal, but I can just do a daily post or two highlighting my best food. And if all of my food is fabulous, then I'll post it all!
So for breakfast, along with plain yogurt with gingerbread granola, and egg, and an apple, I had this oatmeal:
I mixed half a banana and some pecans in during the last 30 seconds of cooking, then added more pecans and the other half of the banana on top after it was done cooking. Jemima, how do you cook your banana porridge? This was good, but you make yours seem spectacular.
Lunch was on the dull side, so I won't bother blogging about it. Dinner was super yummy though (if you aren't vegan..). It's sort of my own recipe, I modified it from one that was jotted down on an index card. So if it's yours, go ahead and claim it! It's called Cheesy Rice Stir-fry Scramble. Ish.
- 2 or more cups mixed veggies. You could use frozen stir-fry veggies to make this asian tasting. I used 1 cup of sugar snap peas, 1/4 cup of chopped carrots, 1/2 cup onion, and 1/4 green pepper.
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup of cheddar, divided
- 1/2 c cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the veggies over medium heat for 2-3 minutes in a large skillet, until tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, 1/2 cup cheese, rice, oil, salt, and pepper.
- When the veggies are done cooking, add the egg mixture to the skillet. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes until egg is set.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and cover for five minutes until cheese is melted. Serve.