- 4 tbs whole wheat flour
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 2/3 c powdered milk
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (because I'm lazy and I couldn't find the nutmeg)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 c grated carrot (I use the food processor to make it easier)
- 1/4 c chopped dried figs
- 1/3 c dark chocolate chips
- Mix together dry ingredients (flour-sugar) in a small bowl. Beat together eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin. Beat dry ingredients into wet.
- Stir in the figs, chocolate chips and carrots.
- GREASE 12 metal muffins tins. Seriously, there is nothing worse than when muffins stick to their tins.
- Divide batter between tins. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes
- Let cool. These are one muffin that are better cooled than warm out of the oven.
I also had eggnog oats! Several other bloggers had them today, but it wasn't planned that way! I made my oats with 1/2 cup Holly Nog and 1/2 cup water. I chopped a small pear on top when they were done cooking.
The verdict: Ehhh. Something went wrong with the cooking.. the Holly Nog kept the oats from getting as soft as they normally do, so they were rather.. chewy. It was very nicely spiced and creamy though, and the pear was a perfect flavor compliment.
I ate dinner alone tonight because everyone else in my family was somewhere different, I can't keep it straight. I made a panini! I was going to use two slices of swiss, but we only had one. So I used 1 slice swiss, 1 tbs cream cheese and 1 c spinach on a whole wheat sandwich thin.
With a sliced nanner and a TLC bar.
I barely slept last night, so I'm going to bed early tonight.