Saturday, December 13, 2008

Breakfast like a king

You know the saying "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper"? I am a very strong believer in that. I LOVE big breakfasts, but I don't like having big lunches or dinners. This morning I had a vegan breakfast! I opened a block of tofu yesterday, and you're supposed to use it within two days of opening it. So I made a tofu scramble, inspired by Chocolate Covered Vegan. I used the basic recipe, and used red bell pepper and onion as my veggies. T'was very yummy, I can't wait to experiment around with different veggies and spices.
With vegan buttered toast and an apple


Then some pumpkin oats!

I was planning on making a nice, hot lunch, a panini. But no. The power got knocked out by the wind so I was stuck having a boring PB sammie again :[ No need for pictures. I have a delicious dinner in store so I'll update later!

And ooooooooh yeah. For all of you who were wondering about how I caramelize bananas, all the credit goes to Jemima of How I Mash Potato. I stole her idea! But you just microwave a nanner for 30 seconds on high. I like to flip it over halfway through.

5 comments:

aussirish said...

heya hun,
thanks for the banana tip, il be sure to try it!!
your breakfast looks awesome..sure to give u lots of energy for the day :)
hope ur saturdays going well xxx

Jemima said...

Hey chica - you have an award on my blog XD
I love tofu scramble - yummy in my tummy! xxxx

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Aww yay! I'm so glad you liked the scramble. I LOVE big breakfasts!!!! I always am eating like pancakes and scrambles and pudding and toast etc all together and people look at me like "where do you put it all?" But breakfast is so yummy!

Sharon said...

Wow, I've always wanted to try tofu scramble. It looks delicious! I am a big fan of tofu, and not a big fan of eggs, so that is perfecto!!! Thanks for sharing!

maya said...

i love tofu scrambles..yum