Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tired.

Shopping is exhausting!! After ballet (the last class of the season- sniffle) we head to the mall. I got Subway as predicted, but then we shopped until 6:00! We left the mall to go to a few other stores, and it was pretty grueling. On the bright side, I have now eliminated the bulk of my holiday shopping!

For dinner tonight, I made a recipe for baingan bharta (Indian eggplant curry) that I found on recipezaar. During the last minute of cooking, I stirred in 1/4 c. plain yogurt to make it nice and creamy! It doesn't look so appetizing, but it was delicious!

Sorry for the cruddy picture. I served this with a big ole pile of brown rice with cashews chopped up on top! Later, I was feeling the lack of protein so I had an egg. My mom thinks I'm so weird because I just randomly eat eggs to balance out meals. Hope everyone had a more relaxing day than I did!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh wow, looks great! I think it looks jammed-packed with lots of good flavour!

And great job on the holiday shopping!

* said...

that dinner sounds great. its so good that you eat eggs to get the right amount of protein...protein is so important.

maya said...

dinner sounds great im a huge indian food fan. and thanks for the advice on exercising im going to try to stop like you said. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty good! And personally, I really like soyjoys. They have a very simple ingredient list (no fancy words). It's all things that you know what they are. So...I like the taste. Try one and see if you like it.