Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lightning Fast Breakfast!

This morning I woke up at 7:05. That is usually the time we leave the house to get to school! I put on my clothes and did my hair in about two minutes, then ran downstairs and made a PB sandwich on whole wheat for breakfast in one minute. I snarfed down an apple as I was getting my books together for another two minutes, then took my sammie and a whole milk Greek yogurt to eat in the car. Sadly, I was in too much of a rush to take pictures. I only got to school about five minutes later than I usually do, and just beat the late bell! I also brought a banana walnut gnu bar. I don't usually have a morning snack because I can't eat easily during school, but I knew I hadn't had enough calories at breakfast so I ate my bar before I changed for gym. This was my first gnu bar, and it was pretty good. It tasted like sort of dry banana bread, so it's not my favorite bar by a long shot! I pack my lunch every day. and today I had:
A sammich with some of my honey almond spread and a smush banana on whole wheat (heaven), a wallaby yogurt, a Kashi bar, and carrot sticks.

Today I'll be eating dinner by myself. My mom had to take my sister to horseback riding, and my dad is working late. I'll take this as an oppurtunity to eat something weird! Then after that I have orchestra. I hope I'll have time to post when I get home.

Yesterday I meant to post the recipe for honey almond sandwich spread, but I forgot. So here it is!
Ingredients:
  1. 4 oz. (1/2 c., 8 tbs.) nuefchatel cheese or cream cheese
  2. 1 oz almonds
  3. 1 tbs. honey
Directions: Easiest thing ever! Stick the almonds in a food processor and blend into very fine chunks. Add the cheese and the honey and blend until smooth. Unless you had a really good food processor, I recommend doing this in two batches. If you have a sucky one like me, the blades will get stuck!

2 comments:

Jemima said...

Aww I hate having to rush food! I like to take my time over it (all my family eat really fast though, so I'm left with 3/4 of a plate still full while they're looking at their watches and wondering if it's OK to err.. go wash up now? haha)
Your lunch looks really good - I need to work on building mine up a bit, methinks. That's probably where my next cal increase will go when the time comes. Are wallaby yoghurts nice? I don't think we have 'em over here :-(

maya said...

hello kiki, my name is Maya.iam also a recovering anorexic and can relate to you alot.. i love your blog and think you are an inspiration:)