Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Spaghetti

Twilight was pretty good. Didn't follow the book all that closely though! And Bella and Edwards conversations seemed kind of awkward to me.

Tonight for dinner, the meat eaters of my family were having boring old spaghetti and meatballs (bleh). I was thinking about a pasta dish that I had in Italy over the summer, and attempted to recreate it tonight.

First I sauteed some green and red bell peppers and baby spinach in a bit of EVOO, as Rachel Ray would say. Then I tossed it with my pasta and topped it with some feta cheese. Mmmm I love feta!
Green, red and white, just like Christmas. So far tonight I've had an apple, and two candy canes, which are one of my favorite holiday treats.
I'll end up having some almonds, then pumpkin pudding, most likely. Tomorrow I have a long orchestra rehearsal afterschool, then we're going to Chipotle afterward. I'm a bit nervous because Chipotle is home of the like, 1000 cal burrito. I trust myself to pick a yummy, healthy choice that I'm craving and use my natural hunger signs to tell me when I've had enough eating. I will not let ED make me pick the lowest cal thing on the menu and only eat half of it. Night!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Love your two candy canes picture.

Strange, I haven't had a candy cane yet, and Christmas seems weird without them.

cherry_melancholic said...

Aww the candy canes look so cute! :) <3xx

* said...

that pasta looks great. i love the candy cane pic so cute

maya said...

love the candy canes and that pasta recipe looks fabulous, i love feta, thats so cool you got to go to italy!

Anonymous said...

Oooo. Candy canes. I only like the mint ones. ^_^

Your pasta looked great. I hope you enjoyed every bite of it.