Friday, December 26, 2008

Owie!

When I woke up this morning, my shoulder and back were very sore from playing so much Wii Sports! Part of the deal with "Santa" is that I can pick one other game for it. Which should I pick?.

And I don't know how I forgot to mention this yesterday, but I also got a new camera yesterday! Well, technically, it's for me and my sister to share, but my sister doesn't care for photography much so it's as good as mine!

Since I have more time for breakfast over my break, I decided to have something a little different. I made this recipe for jamaican cornmeal porridge from recipezaar. I used whole grain, stone ground cornmeal and it had a great texture! A nice change of pace. I didn't have sweetened condensed milk either, so I used some Holly Nog :]

Plus an apple, egg and grilled cheese!
Then for lunch, I decided I wanted to try the new cranberry apple butter I got from TJ's the other day. I am not a PB&J type of girl. But, I figured that if the butter improved my feelings towards the standard sandwich staple, then it had to be good! I grilled it, because grilling any sandwich makes it a million times better. It was actually very yummy! Nice balance between sweet and tart. I definitely tasted that cranberry more that the apple. I might have to make a few more of these PB and.. B's.
Sorry for blurryish pic. With a TJ's yogurt, TLC bar, and carrots. Then some random almonds.
Boring snacks, then leftovers for dinner! I stuck mostly to the yummy arabian squash casserole! I'm glad Christmas is over so I can go back to normal eating.

10 comments:

emily. said...

Grilled cheese! <3 Looks so good.

I really want to try that cranberry apple butter now. I'll have to find out where to get some of that.

Megan said...

ommgggggg i LOOOVE grilled cheese, more than you could ever imagine!!!

and I love that you grilled your sammie with the grill marks and everything haha I think that's so pretty! makes it more fun to eat, too.

Jenny said...

i agree - grilling sandwhiches definitely makes them better :) I like the way you think!

Sharon said...

I love all your sandwiches!! <3

brooke said...

yum, i loved grilled cheese! i have the same cranberry butter and i like to add it to sweet or savory foods. it is delicious on waffles and oatmeal! :)

* said...

great eats. that cranberry apple butter looks delicious with pb!

maya said...

grilled cheese for breakfast,brilliant:) and those oats look so good!

cherry_melancholic said...

You should get Animal Crossing for the Wii, it's meant to be really good :)

Your eats look so yummy hun! Mmm I haven't had grilled cheese in so long...You've inspired me to go try it soon :-)
xxx

Sophia Lee said...

yum, you're right, grilling sandwiches make it look so much more appetizing! judging by those gorgeous grill marks, you have your own indoor grill at home? I'm jealous! I wish I had an indoor grill too~

Anonymous said...

Grilled sammiches. Yum.

It's cool that you can pick out another game. ^_^