Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Introduction

Hi!

I've been inspired to create this blog after seeing other bloggers struggling with the same problems as me. As it says in the about me column, I'm recovering from a two year battle with anorexia. I feel really motivated to beat this, and I'm hoping a blog will help me improve my relationship with food like Shelby of La Belle Vegan. I'm not a vegan, I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian, because I often need dairy and eggs to get enough calories in.

I love to experiment in the kitchen, I try to have a new recipe every night. I get most of my recipes from Recipezaar, but occasionally I come up with my own. My diet is not perfect, but I'm hoping that maybe this blog will help me see what I'm missing and what foods I'm avoiding because my disorder is telling me to.

I'm a freshman in high school (ick.) and I'm trying to figure out to make my first year of high school a good one. I have an appointment, dance class, music lesson, or orchestra almost every night, so I've got a pretty busy schedule. I'll try to find time to blog every night, but sometimes it probably just won't happen.

I think this is a pretty decent intro, and I look forward to meeting lots of new people on blogger.

And oh, by the way, Kasha means porridge in Russian. Porridge is my very favorite food!

No comments: