Saturday, January 10, 2009

Meditaliwish!

My food today has been a whole mish mash of culture today! For breakfast, I started out with a Mediterranean tofu scramble!

I used 1/4 block extra firm tofu, 1 cup of spinach, 1/3 cup sundried tomato (yay!), 1 clove garlic, 1 tbs nooch and 4 slices black olives. Plus an apple

And Coconut Blueberry Chai Oats!
I looked my oats this morning in a bag of chai tea, which gave it a really lovely color! Then I added 1/2 blueberries, 1 tbs shredded coconut and a handful of chopped almonds. Super delish!

The Italian part of the title came into play at lunch. I was craving a sammich, so I made one. I used 1.5 oz of mozarella, handful of spinach, and a tbs. of pesto my dad made. I love his homemade pesto, it way beats the jarred stuff. Along with it, I had a TLC bar, Rachel's yogurt, and carrots.
Then I went to Target. It's like my home away from home, I love it so much! There were some adorable plates that I'll be buying at my next trip there. This time, I went a bit bar wild. I found the new Kashi bars I found the new Kashi bars I found the new Kashi bars! I am so happy!
There were also lots of discount Larabars. Some were only $0.54, can you believe it? I snatched up three. I'll be disappointed if Target stops selling Laras though, because then I'll have to go all the way to Whole Foods to get them. Boo.

For dinner, I made this recipe for Kugel, which is Jewish. So that's the "wish" part of the title. My mom used to make Kugel a lot, even though we aren't Jewish, for some reason. I stopped requesting it when my ED started (hello. White pasta+butter+sugar?), but I decided to challenge myself tonight. I'm so glad I did, it was so amazingly tasty! It tasted like apple pie.. but with pasta instead of crust. It sounds bizarre, but trust me, it's amazing.
Along with it, I had a Quorn chicken cutlet brushed with OO and seasoned with cumin, oregano and garlic powder. My mom's boss is paying for fruit of the month in her office, but hardly anyone in her office is eating the fruit. She said that they all say they want cheesecake again, like last year haha. So January is pear month, and my mommy brought me a huge pear! I split it with her and my dad with dinner.
It was so perfect! I really don't know how else to describe it. It's Harry and David, come on!

Hope you all had lovely, ED-free days.

14 comments:

Jess said...

Thanks for the tips about the sammy! Have a lovely night and congrats on conquering that yummy looking dinner! I am doing really well actually. I have pretty much conquered the weighing myself and am slowly letting go of ANY counting of cals...We can so do it! :D
<3 jess :)

Jenny said...

I love your multi-cultural menu for the day Kiki...everything looks amazing!

brooke said...

i agree with jen, so many different foods! your grilled pesto sandwich sounds delicious! and i love the harry and david's pear! the packaging is in the store is so pretty :)

* said...

great eats such a healthy bowl of oats and pesto is the best...my dad makes great pesto as well :) i bought those kashi bars yestarday too i got the pumpkin pie flavor cant wait to try one they looks great, i wish my target had 54 cents laras they only sell lunas and cliffs and kashi bars... :(

Sharon said...

Tofu scramble, love it! And totally love your great eats for the day! Everything looks delicious!

maya said...

i love all your eats today they are wonderful! love the oats,and pesto sammie..my dad makes the best pesto,i haven't had it in years though:) have a great sunday! love you

Anonymous said...

What a great Target find!!

Amira said...

lovin the oatmeal combo, licking my lips!
I've never heard of Kugel, looks good actually all your eats look fantastic

cherry_melancholic said...

Omg that oatmeal looks AMAZING! How do you cook your oats? On a stove or in a microwave? Cos I don't have a microwave and I'd really like to try making them like that, do you think if I just threw in a chai tea bag when the oats are cooked and simmering in teh pan?

Haha and yay for pears :D I'm glad you're doing so well...You make the loveliest foods and it's really inspiring :) xxxx

aussirish said...

hi hun,
great eats :)
and yay for cheaper larabars !! theyre so good..i wish we had them over here..but im gonna try making them so its all good.
all your food is so differnt meal after meal, ur a culinary inspiration :)
hope u have a great weekend,
much love
xxx

Anonymous said...

What fabulous eats! I wish I could find cheap Larabars...

Dommi said...

Looks like wonderful eats as always, girly :] I love that you incorporated so many different cultures into one day... so cool!

Hehe I'm so glad you had fun at Target. I have a little bit of an obsession with the store myself :]

Way to snag the Fruit of the Month goodies from your mom's office... we get Harry and David Fruit of the Month, too, and I just love it!! Such good quality fruit in each package... yum!

Sophia Lee said...

ow...kugel sounds amazing! glad you enjoyed it and pushed yourself! killing two birds in one stone! you're such an inspiration! oh what is nooch btw?

Megan said...

oh no kiki, i totally just saw your comment and i missed my jamfrakas chance!!

next time, im totally interested.

i looove grilled sammies. makes them so much better :)