Monday, January 5, 2009

Knish Madness

Oh gosh, who watched Gossip Girl Tonight? It was seriously one of the best episodes ever, I didn't want it to end! Some of the time I was bouncing up and down out of joy, then others I was clenching my teeth because I was so nervous! I don't want to spoil anything for whoever didn't watch it, but arg, the ending upset me. Grrrr.

School was okay today. I had a hard time eating lunch because I know that no one would even notice if I didn't eat, I could get away with it. None of my friends eat much of a lunch either, so I always feel like I eat so much compared to them. Also, my breakfast sat like a rock in my stomach for five hours today. I hate eating when I'm not hungry, but I managed to distract myself when I was eating by studying my Spanish.

I don't have many food pics today, I didn't eat anything all that interesting. For dinner, I made sweet potato knishes from Vegan with a Vengeance. They were really yummy! Sweet and nicely spiced. And a lot easier than I expected they would be to make. Next I want to try the spinach knishes. Here they are right after coming out of the oven

And on my plate with a sliced nanner. I've eaten a lot more tonight, so no worries!

Again, sorry for the lack of pictures. I'll try to get some more tomorrow!

P.S. Thank you all for your sammich topping suggestions. I'll try them as soon as I restock on groceries!

11 comments:

Dommi said...

Your recipes totally inspire me, girlie! I've made a list of recipe books that you've mentioned on your blog... I want to buy them all! This sweet potato knish looks especially delicious! If you really like cookbooks, you should check out my idea for a cookbook exchange in my latest blog post. Let me know if you're interested!

Glad you had a pretty good today today, Kiki. Don't let ed get you down... it may be easy to skip lunch, but you've come so far; you know it's not the right thing for you to do. Keep up the good work!

Amira said...

Arggh i can't watch GG till tomorrow, i'll be waiting on the edge of my seat, I'm soooo excited now you said it was so good! BY the way that sweet potato knish looks so divine, it's making me crave sweet potato- i think i'll have one for dinner tonight. Anyway have a great day tomorrow

Sharon said...

Wow, you're amazing with that dinner! It looks great!

Good job at school! I think you really did great! Stay strong Kiki!

maya said...

wow sweet potato knishes! i love knishes..or used to love them .i must make these!

sorry bout your day at school hopefully tomorrow will be better. ill be thinking of you my dear. you can do it. at lunch time think of me and how iam eating my lunch all alone:( ...in my school you eat in your class and its a small school so i never eat with anyone on occasion eliza joins me in my class but thats rare.
love you!

* said...

sweet potato knishes yum! so cool you made them im jealous :) your such a fabulous little chef.

hope school goes better for the rest of your week :( as maya said think of us when you eat your lunch. i know its hard to eat when your not at home but its what you need to do to stay healthy, love you.

aussirish said...

thank you so much for your comment on my last post hun, your kind words really meant alot :)
im so jealous we dont have gg over here, so ive gotta wait till the series is up on youtube or out on dvd.
that sweet potatoe looks so yummy.
great job eating in school, i think its important in recovery to eat alone sometimes cause then your eating for yourself, not jus so shut our parents up cause someday when theyre not around well need to eat and be ok with it.
anywyas hope u have a great day today :)
xxxx

cherry_melancholic said...

Well done for keeping up your eating despite being at school :-)
I know it's hard, especially when your friends don't eat much. Half my friends eat NOTHING at school, it sucks. <3

Jenny said...

yummy dinner hun!

I know how hard it is to eat when we're on our own and have no one watching over us to make sure we're eating.. but you just have to be strong and look to your inner self because KIKI does want to eat.. ED is the one who thinks she shouldn't - you have to remember that these are two very different people so listen to KIKI!! Also, try not to compare your eats to what other people are eating (easier said than done, i know!) but we just have to remember that we are all different and need different things and right now you need a healthy, yummy lunch to get you through the day :)!!! Stay positive girlie <3

Sophia Lee said...

holy cow, sweet potato knishes? you're so evil, tantalizing us like that but not being able to share the recipe! I've gotta go get myself that cookbook too!
good job on still eating...remember you eat to LIVE, you eat for yourself, not for others...and who cares if your friends don't eat? make them DROOL and be green with envy over your delicious eats! keep on going, girl~

Anonymous said...

Yum, knishes. How fabulous.

Great job on eating your food regardless of what others were doing today. You're doing amazing.

Jemima said...

Lordy i sound dense but what's a knish? Looks yummo! You're such an inspiration, your recipes are always so healthy and nourishing... yet I'm so proud of the way you challenge yourself too! <3 Love you chica